Credit Inventory Evaluation
We offer the Credit Inventory Evaluation (CIE) service to those who have served in any branch of the US military, or would like civilian work, training, and experience evaluated for college credit. You may also use this opportunity to combine your standardized test results for CLEP and/or DANTES, and any other college courses you have completed.
The quality of the evaluation process is assured by determining equivalency through the American Council on Education (ACE) guide. This guide is updated and distributed every two years. We work with the most current edition of the ACE guide.
Advantages of our CIE service include:
- Evaluation of your military and civilian training and experience, as it applies to college credits.
- Compilation of your military and/or civilian training and experience, plus any previous college courses onto one, official transcript.
- Support for your advancement at the military promotion boards.
- Determination of the number of credits you have earned towards a diploma or degree. As a courtesy, potential degree candidates will receive a notification of their remaining degree requirements. Separate fees will apply for application into the Associate of Applied Science Degree program.
NCI has been evaluating military training and experience for well over 15 years. Thousands of evaluations later, we have identified three common areas our customers need to pay close attention:
- Understand the evaluation process, submit all documentation with your initial packet.
- Ensure documents are certified and application is complete.
- Allow enough time for the evaluation process to be completed and your transcript mailed back to you before any deadline you may have. We do not email transcripts.
***See the calendar below for mail out dates***
To help ensure your satisfaction with the CIE service and timeliness of the evaluation, please download and read the information provided in the NCI Evaluation packet below. For your convenience you may also download single documents of the packet as well:
Please Note: The fill-able fields & digital signature ONLY work using Internet Explorer
1) NCI Evaluation Packet (This is the complete packet with the application form)
*If you would like to scan and email or fax your evaluation packet rather than mailing it, you may do so. Our email address for this service is: email@example.com. The fax number is: (931) 431-9771.
The following are individual forms for download:
If you have general information questions about the evaluation process please use the link below
The Credit Inventory Evaluation (CIE) Process:
- Carefully complete and sign the NCI application.
- Submit all properly certified documents, using the Document Checklist. All of your documents must be certified true copies (see Document-Certifying Guidelines). Do not send originals; we must keep documentation for auditing purposes.
- Double-check your packet for completeness, prior to sending it to NCI. If your packet is properly completed, we guarantee the internal processing times (see below). If your packet is incomplete, or a balance is due, your file remains unprocessed until the outstanding issue is resolved.
*** Credit Inventory Evaluation Note ***
It has come to our attention that some unit S-1’s have not been able to find North Central Institute in the EMILPO system, the following should help:
OPE ID: 03079100
School code: NOCTRL
Request official transcripts BEFORE submission of your packet, using the following site: https://jst.doded.mil/
Evaluations packets submitted before a holiday or school closure will be affected by the closure dates. Please calculate BUSINESS DAYS ONLY* when estimating the completion dates of submitted packets (see calendar at the bottom of this page). Normal business hours are Mon-Thurs 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and Fri 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Central Standard Time.
* Holidays and weekends do not count as business days, and are not calculated in the processing time for evaluation results. Holiday hours will also affect business hours.
The process of evaluating military training and experience into college credit is a detailed one, and requires responsibility on both parties:
- Your responsibility is to ensure you understand the process, and that your packet is in proper order.
- Our responsibility is to thoroughly evaluate your packet, and to meet the internal processing deadlines.
- Please Note the Following United States Postal Service (USPS) Inforamtion North Central Institute will continue to promise exemplary customer service and continue to complete your evaluation on time and mail it in the manner requested. We cannot however, be held responsible or guarantee delivery dates on behalf of the United States Postal Service.
- > USPS INFORMATION LINK https://tinyurl.com/4kjk295c
Weekends and Holidays are not considered business days.