Welcome to North Central Institute, NCI is a globally recognized maintenance-training facility. Our programs prepare students for certification by the Federal Aviation Administration. The FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A & P) Certification is required to perform maintenance and repairs on small aircraft as well as the largest jet airplanes. NCI offers the Aviation Maintenance Technicians (PT 147) course for individuals that have little or no aviation experience and a Aviation Maintenance Technology (PT 65) for individuals with an aviation background that qualify for their ratings from the FAA. We also offer testing for the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) endorsement elements testing required to install avionics equipment.
How to apply for Admission
Step 1. Submit a nonrefundable $50 application fee with your completed Application for Admission, use this link to download a copy NCI Application
Step 2. Submit proof of eligibility for admission, according to your particular situation.
High School Students
- Ask your guidance counselor to submit your current high school transcript with your application. After you graduate, ask your high school to submit your official, final transcript with proof of credits and graduation from a state accredited secondary school.
High School Graduates
- You must show proof of graduation from a state accredited secondary school. Ask your former high school to submit your official, final transcript with proof of credits and graduation.
Over 18 Without High School Diploma
- You must submit your official GED scores to be admitted into a program.
- Our escrow program allow student in grades 9-12 to start attending classes before you graduate from high school giving you an accelerated start.
- Ask all previously attended college(s) to send your official transcript(s) to the Admissions Office at North Central Institute. An official transcript must come directly from the previous college(s) to North Central Institute – not from you. Provide course descriptions or a college catalog(s) to the Advisement Center at North Central Institute for use in evaluating your courses for transfer. The Admissions Office also may request a copy of your high school transcript.
Step 3. Take the required Math and English Proficiency Exams administered by North Central Institute.
- A minimum score of 70 percent is required on both exams to be accepted into the Aviation Maintenance Technicians PT 147 program.
Printable information brochures:
** Information subject to change without notice **