Welcome to North Central Institute, NCI is a globally recognized maintenance-training facility. Our programs prepare students for certification by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A & P) Certification is required to perform maintenance and repairs on small aircraft as well as the largest jet airplanes. NCI offers the Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMT 147) program for individuals that have little or no aviation experience and a Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT 65) for individuals with an aviation background that qualify for their ratings from the FAA. We also offer testing for the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) endorsement elements testing required to install avionics equipment.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & POLICY
Applicants are required to be a graduate of an accepted accredited high school or have satisfied graduation requirements through the General Education Development test (GED) / High School Equivalency Test (HiSET). Exceptions are made in some certificated programs / courses for escrow students.
- Complete an NCI Application
- Pay $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official high school / GED transcript, or HiSET score report. Official military documents (i.e., ERB, ORB, and DD-214) are also accepted for proof of high school completion.
English / Math Proficiency Requirements:
Students must demonstrate proficiency in basic reading, English, grammar, and math skills prior to enrolling. One of the following will determine demonstrated proficiency:
- Satisfactory American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores in English and math.
- Enhanced American College Test (ACT): 19 Composite
- English Composition: 18
- College Algebra: 22
- Combined Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 720
- Enhanced American College Test (ACT): 19 Composite
- Transferred courses from an accepted accredited, postsecondary institutions in first-level English and / or math.
- A passing score in CLEP or DSST examination in English and / or math.
- Successful completion of NCI’s Proficiency Review Exam.
Non-Program Status Application:
Students desiring to take courses with NCI, but not be admitted to a program:
- Are required to submit an Application to NCI, official high school transcripts, GED transcript, and pay non-refundable application fee.
- May take up to nine semester hours of credit. Once nine semester hours have been completed, a program must be declared.
International Applicant / Foreign Students:
- Submit an NCI Application
- Submit a non-refundable application fee
- Submit proof of financial support
- Request official transcripts to be sent to North Central Institute 168 Jack Miller Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37042
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 and declare a program of study.
- Admissions issues I-20 forms for students who apply for a full-time program when all the required materials have been received. If applicant is already in the U.S. on an F-1 / M-1 visa and wants to transfer to NCI, a new I-20 will need to be issued by NCI.
- The I-20 form should be taken to the Consular Office in the applicant’s country. The Consular Officer determines the applicant’s intent for entering the U.S. If the applicant is found to be a bona fide student and intends to return to his / her home country, permission will be granted to study abroad.
- After being admitted into the U.S., the applicant should bring his / her passport, visa certificate, and I-94 form to the Finance and Admissions Department at NCI.
- Contact Admissions for further instructions or applicable fees.
NCI offers high school students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to pursue an FAA Airframe and / or Powerplant (A&P) Certificate. Students desiring to be admitted into the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Program as an escrow application must:
- Complete an NCI Application and submit a non-refundable application fee.
- Be enrolled in high school (minimum GPA of 2.0) and have parental approval.
- Meet the minimum age requirement for FAA certification (18 years of age) on or before the full program is completed.
- Upon satisfactory completion of high school, submission of official high school transcript is required.
- In the event NCI denies a student’s application, the student will receive a refund of all monies paid less the application fee. In the event the applicant cancels this enrollment agreement within three (3) business days of signing, all monies paid to NCI will be refunded and the unpaid balance will be canceled. Students who have not visited the school facility prior to enrollment will have the opportunity to withdraw without penalty following either attendance at a regularly scheduled orientation or following a tour of the facilities and inspection of the equipment. An applicant requesting cancellation of this enrollment agreement after three (3) business days of signing, but prior to the start of instruction is entitled to a full refund of any monies paid less the non-refundable application fee.
- A student is considered a re-admission applicant if he / she attended NCI previously but did not attend the preceding semester. If courses have been taken at another post-secondary institute since attending NCI, the student must request an official transcript be sent to NCI. A student not enrolled at NCI for a period of one or more years will need to complete a new application, pay the current non-refundable application fee; and will then be guided by the current catalog.
- NCI will readmit any Service member with the same status that they had when last attending school due to a military service obligation.
** Information subject to change without notice **