The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Technology
Program Objective: The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Technology provides students with a general undergraduate education with a foundation in aviation.
Students qualify for a wide variety of careers in the Aviation/Aerospace industry, or for
those students who are employed in an aviation-related area; this degree will provide the knowledge and college credentials needed to be competitive for advancement or promotion.
The AASD Program is 24 months long.
FAA certificates, licenses, and/or military civilian aviation work experience and training may complete specialization requirements. Documentation should be submitted for credit review and substitution equivalency eligibility.
If you have a question about the Associates Degree, please email the Registrar Dept (email@example.com).
Click here to download a printable application to send to NCI.
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
English / Communications – 6 SH
- ENGL-221 English Composition I
- ENGL-222 English Composition II or
- ENGL-223 Technical Report Writing
Humanities / Arts – 3 SH
- SPCH-224 Public Speaking or
- Elective from the following disciplines: Foreign Language, Literature, Music Philosophy, Speech,
- Religious Studies, Humanities, Art, Dance, Drama, Fine Arts, Photography
Behavioral / Social Sciences – 3 SH
- PSYC-216 Introduction to Psychology or
- SOCI-218 Introduction to Sociology or
- ECON-201 Principles of Microeconomics or
- ECON-202 Principles of Macroeconomics or
- Elective from the following discipline: Anthropology, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Geography (excluding Physical), Government, History, Human Relations, Political Science.
Natural / Applied Sciences – 3 SH
- PHYS-210 Applied Physics or
- AV-250 Flight Physiology or
- 3 SH from the following disciplines: Anatomy, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Studies, Genetics, Geology, Natural Science, Physical Geography, Physical Science, Physics, Physiology, Plant Sciences, Zoology
Mathematics – 3 SH
- MATH-201 College Algebra I or
- MATH-202 College Algebra II or
- College-level Mathematics (that is not a remedial or preparatory course)
Business / Computer Science – 3 SH
- BUSI-103 Introduction to Business or
- COMP-101 Introduction to Computers or
- ACCT-101 Principles of Accounting I or
- BUSI-104 Business Law or
- MRKT-225 Principles of Marketing or
- MGMT-201 Principles of Management or
- 3 SH from the following disciplines: Accounting, Management, Marketing, Business, or Computer Sciences.
General Education Credit Sub-Total – 21 SH
AVIATION CONCENTRATION – 18 SH
AVIATION ELECTIVES – 12 SH
OPEN ELECTIVES – 11 SH
Total Semester Hours Needed to Complete Degree – 62 SH
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 18 SH must be completed through NCI, acceptable accredited institution, and/or examinations administered through DANTES, CLEP, or Excelsior College.
NCI has no residency requirements for the AASD program.